After hosting two public hearings, gathering public input, and reviewing employee surveys, the Mobile County Board of School Commissioners approved calendar option 1 for the 2018-19 school year.
School will start on Aug. 6 and end on May 24.
Teachers will begin their year on Aug. 1 with professional development through Aug. 3. They will have additional professional development as follows: Oct. 8-10, Jan. 2-4, March 15 and May 28-29.
Students will be out of school on those professional development days as well as:
- Sept. 3 for Labor Day
- Nov. 12 for Veterans Day
- Nov. 19-23 for Thanksgiving
- Dec. 19-Jan. 4 for Christmas Break
- Jan. 21 for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- March 4-8 for Mardi Gras and Presidents Day
- April 15-19 for Spring Break