The following Mobile County Public Schools classrooms have been recognized by the United Way of Southwest Alabama for classroom attendance.
These classrooms were randomly selected from other classes that had three or fewer absences during the month of September.
The winners are:
- Ms. Watt, fourth-grade, Dauphin Island Elementary
- Ms. Stanford, special-education, Dixon Elementary
- Ms. Arensberg, fourth-grade, George Hall Elementary
- Mr. Malcom, fourth-grade, Semmes Elementary
- Ms. Dupree, K-2, Kate Shepard Elementary
- Ms. Beason, fourth-grade, Spencer-Westlawn Elementary
- Ms. Schwall, special-education, Wilmer Elementary
United Way is sponsoring a celebration for each of these classrooms as well as a gift card for school supplies.